Can social media help build your brand? Of course!
Demosphere’s Vice President of Marketing, Sean Rose, recently presented a session on “Using Social Media to Build Your Brand”. Here are the slides from the session as well as some key takeaways:
Keep in mind what your organization hopes to accomplish through social media channels. The goal should be to draw in visitors to your website – whether it be to register, donate, volunteer or simply gain information.
If you can be specific, that’s also helpful. For example, aim to generate 30 new registrants from social media channels in a given time period. Adjust as needed.
Social Media Commandments
1. Don’t spread your social media efforts too thin. Plan your number of channels around what you have time for.
2. If you’re working with a team of people on your social media accounts make sure each member is aware of their responsibilities. You want your brand to be consistent. Delegating responsibility can keep your social media efforts on schedule and on point.
3. Add value! Be conscious of what content you’re adding to your sites. Add information that is relevant, interesting and captivates your audience.
4. Don’t be afraid to keep an eye on others. Inspiration often can be drawn from other social media posts. You can benefit from monitoring what other successful social media brands are talking about, when they’re posting, and even stealing a few clever ideas!
5. Make sure you’re integrating your social media sites into your website. Double-check that links are working properly, the location of the buttons on the page is ideal, and that they are attracting enough attention.
Why You Need a Budget
News feed competition has been steadily increasing; Facebook users have been accepting more friends; “Likes” are more easily used; “Sharing” is more common. All of these factors are resulting in the decline of Organic Reach. Create Target groups for your ads to make sure you’re using your resources effectively and reaching your ideal target market through the noise.
Be prepared to dedicate at least $50 on your social media ad campaigns.
What items can you put in place today? Not next week or next month – today! There’s plenty of actionable advice here!
Have a look through our blog for more helpful best practices to move your organization forward!
Latest posts by Kris Baker (see all)
- Demosphere Makes New Connections at the WYSA AGM - March 9, 2018
- Demosphere Attends United Soccer Coaches Convention in Philly! - January 22, 2018
- Demosphere Forms New Partnership with Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association - August 24, 2017