Content rotators are a great way to to showcase articles, pictures, and videos on your website in a slideshow type fashion. This week we’ll explore the different settings and features available for content rotators as well as some tips on using correctly sized images to keep your website looking sharp!
To add a new content rotator to your Demosphere website, go to the page where you’d like it to appear and click the green “Add Content” button in the desired content area. Next, select the “Content Rotator” type on the dialog to add your rotator onto the page:
Collect donations for your organization using Demosphere’s Donations feature. By placing the donation link on your public website, existing members and new sponsors will be taken to your secure donations page, where they can log into an existing account or create a new one. The user will immediately be directed to the donation step of the public registration process so they can quickly and easily make their contribution. The organization will then have access to various reports to track donation amounts by members and sponsors.
Demosphere understands that in the world of league scheduling, it is crucial to have robust and user-friendly tools to handle a variety of complex scenarios. We have created a proprietary tool we call a “tie pattern” to refer to the blueprint of how games for a specific division will be scheduled by the system. The tie pattern will determine the layout of scheduled games within a division across the game dates that have been entered into the system.
Demosphere has been building a robust library of tie patterns for many years to provide our clients with a great deal of pre-designed patterns. These can be easily assigned to a division to meet the scheduling needs for most events.
Each tie pattern has been carefully constructed to ensure a well balanced schedule with respect to team match ups, start times, home vs. away games and location for each team in the division across the entire season/event.
If you are taking advantage of Demosphere’s league scheduling tools, you can easily access the tie patterns that have been setup within your account. First, navigate to the Scheduling Administration element and click on the tie patterns link under the Setup section:
Furthermore, if you are in need of a unique tie pattern that is not listed, you can access the robust library by clicking on the “Clone Library”. Here is where you can find hundreds of tie patterns that have been previously setup to handle all kinds of league scheduling scenarios:
The Clone Library houses the most requested tie patterns across all Demosphere clients. To find what you’re looking for, first enter the number of teams and/or games in the division to narrow the results. There is a brief description of each tie pattern to help you choose the best one for the division.
If for any reason you don’t find what you’re looking for, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help you locate the best tie pattern and/or create a new one for you if needed!
Looking for the best workflow to handle scorekeeping and advance your teams to the next round of a tournament/event? Follow these easy steps below:
Scorekeeping: First enter all scores for the first round of games using one of these options:
- Use the PhoneItIn mobile option (yourdomain/phoneitin), or call-in option, using the game # and season PIN. Generally, this is the best workflow for team admins reporting scores from the field.
- Click “Edit all blank scores link” from the Scheduling Admin element to edit all scores at once. This is the typical workflow for Site Admins looking to update scores for all games:
- Edit all scores for an entire division at once – this is a good option for either Site Admins or Division Managers:
Scorekeeping and Team Advancement:
Use the steps below to enter scores and advance teams to subsequent rounds:
- Click on Elements and choose Scheduling Administration
- Select your season
- Under the Audit Reports section, click on the Scorekeeping and Team Advance link:
- Choose your age group. The divisions in that age will load at the bottom of the screen. You will see division names and a list of all game dates. Each cell under the game date shows the number of games on that date (any value in parentheses lists the number of games missing scores).
- To enter scores for any game, click on the number for the game date in question, and the games on that date will load, with an option to enter scores:
- To advance teams to the next round of play, click the blue plus sign next to the name of the placeholder in the schedule.
- The system will make its best guess to pre-select the team for you from the dropdown.
- If the system cannot make a determination (ex. In the case of a “wildcard” placeholder) then you can select the appropriate team from full list of teams.
- If the system chooses the wrong team, then you can modify it by selecting the right team from the dropdown.
- Lastly, if any of the prior rounds have scores missing, the system will warn you and prompt you to enter all prior scores before advancing teams to the next round.
- Once you are satisfied with the selected teams press the Save button.
- Even if you have chosen a team and saved it, you can always use the blue plus sign again to replace it with a different choice for that placeholder as needed.
- The team advance feature does not automatically choose the team and update the information publicly until you verify that the prior scores have been entered properly. Similarly, you should confirm all tie-breakers have been taken into account (especially ones the system may not know about such as coin flip, PK’s etc). However, once you review and approve the teams, the schedule will be updated automatically on your public website upon saving the screen above.
Finally, if you need additional support, please contact the Demosphere Support Team:
Chat: accessed from your Admin dashboard
Phone: (800) 949-9440, Option 2
Looking to build teams and rosters with ease? Demosphere’s online registration solution makes it easy! Users can form teams based on any prior season’s roster.
When managing any season, select the previous season for which you wish to display the prior team for all registrants:
Once the previous season has been set in the Season Settings, a new column for “Previous Grouping/Team” will appear in Registration Management. This will allow you to quickly sort/filter all the players on a team from the prior season. Then, simply select and drag the players onto the roster for the current season:
As always, our goal is to help streamline your administrative workflow so you can focus on what you do best: create and run programs that develop our youth through sport!
We love user feedback! Let us know your thoughts and ideas by emailing us at email@example.com!
If you’re not yet familiar with the most robust and user-friendly integrated registration system available to youth sports organizations, what are you waiting for? Contact us today!