Demosphere understands that in the world of league scheduling, it is crucial to have robust and user-friendly tools to handle a variety of complex scenarios. We have created a proprietary tool we call a “tie pattern” to refer to the blueprint of how games for a specific division will be scheduled by the system. The tie pattern will determine the layout of scheduled games within a division across the game dates that have been entered into the system.
Demosphere has been building a robust library of tie patterns for many years to provide our clients with a great deal of pre-designed patterns. These can be easily assigned to a division to meet the scheduling needs for most events.
Each tie pattern has been carefully constructed to ensure a well balanced schedule with respect to team match ups, start times, home vs. away games and location for each team in the division across the entire season/event.
If you are taking advantage of Demosphere’s league scheduling tools, you can easily access the tie patterns that have been setup within your account. First, navigate to the Scheduling Administration element and click on the tie patterns link under the Setup section:
Furthermore, if you are in need of a unique tie pattern that is not listed, you can access the robust library by clicking on the “Clone Library”. Here is where you can find hundreds of tie patterns that have been previously setup to handle all kinds of league scheduling scenarios:
The Clone Library houses the most requested tie patterns across all Demosphere clients. To find what you’re looking for, first enter the number of teams and/or games in the division to narrow the results. There is a brief description of each tie pattern to help you choose the best one for the division.
If for any reason you don’t find what you’re looking for, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help you locate the best tie pattern and/or create a new one for you if needed!
Looking for the best workflow to handle scorekeeping and advance your teams to the next round of a tournament/event? Follow these easy steps below:
Scorekeeping: First enter all scores for the first round of games using one of these options:
- Use the PhoneItIn mobile option (yourdomain/phoneitin), or call-in option, using the game # and season PIN. Generally, this is the best workflow for team admins reporting scores from the field.
- Click “Edit all blank scores link” from the Scheduling Admin element to edit all scores at once. This is the typical workflow for Site Admins looking to update scores for all games:
- Edit all scores for an entire division at once – this is a good option for either Site Admins or Division Managers:
Scorekeeping and Team Advancement:
Use the steps below to enter scores and advance teams to subsequent rounds:
- Click on Elements and choose Scheduling Administration
- Select your season
- Under the Audit Reports section, click on the Scorekeeping and Team Advance link:
- Choose your age group. The divisions in that age will load at the bottom of the screen. You will see division names and a list of all game dates. Each cell under the game date shows the number of games on that date (any value in parentheses lists the number of games missing scores).
- To enter scores for any game, click on the number for the game date in question, and the games on that date will load, with an option to enter scores:
- To advance teams to the next round of play, click the blue plus sign next to the name of the placeholder in the schedule.
- The system will make its best guess to pre-select the team for you from the dropdown.
- If the system cannot make a determination (ex. In the case of a “wildcard” placeholder) then you can select the appropriate team from full list of teams.
- If the system chooses the wrong team, then you can modify it by selecting the right team from the dropdown.
- Lastly, if any of the prior rounds have scores missing, the system will warn you and prompt you to enter all prior scores before advancing teams to the next round.
- Once you are satisfied with the selected teams press the Save button.
- Even if you have chosen a team and saved it, you can always use the blue plus sign again to replace it with a different choice for that placeholder as needed.
- The team advance feature does not automatically choose the team and update the information publicly until you verify that the prior scores have been entered properly. Similarly, you should confirm all tie-breakers have been taken into account (especially ones the system may not know about such as coin flip, PK’s etc). However, once you review and approve the teams, the schedule will be updated automatically on your public website upon saving the screen above.
Finally, if you need additional support, please contact the Demosphere Support Team:
Chat: accessed from your Admin dashboard
Phone: (800) 949-9440, Option 2
Demosphere has recently made some significant usability improvements to streamline the workflow for users managing their field permits!
Adding and editing field permits no longer requires a page load so users can quickly and easily manage permits within one screen. This improvement greatly reduces the amount of time spent on managing this area of the system.
Additionally, we’ve enhanced the interface of the list of permits by incorporating our Data Grid functionality, allowing users to quickly search, sort, edit, clone and even export all field permits:
Demosphere is committed to continuous improvement of our systems to ensure we’re delivering leading-edge technology to all levels of users.
Looking for more improvements? Give us your feedback today by contacting email@example.com!
Does your tournament tend to sell out? If so, you’ve most likely faced the following dilemma:
Your tournament is almost full, but you’re still looking for teams to fill specific brackets. You leave the application process open in an attempt to fill those final spaces. After the fact, you have to deal with rejecting the surplus of teams that apply for divisions that are already full.
Make the application process easier on yourself, and on your applying teams.
Using Demosphere’s Tournament Management System, you can now select which age groups you want to have open or closed (i.e. which age groups will be accepting new team applications).
To control the age group settings:
- Navigate your way to the Elements Admin dashboard.
- Click into the Team Application Manager.
- Select Age Group settings.
Here you will see a new column called Category Full. Use the checkbox to open or close each age group, and save your settings.
The Public View of the team application will list “CLOSED” beside any age group in the dropdown that is closed.
If the user picks a closed age group, they will receive a warning. If they try to submit the application with a closed age group, the form will not submit.
For assistance adding this feature into your tournament system, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Demosphere’s Tournament Management System has added the capability to pull responses from an application form into your confirmation messages!
Answers given in response to any of the Team Information questions on the application form are now available to embed.
1. Access the Elements Admin dashboard and click the Team Application Manager option.
2. Scan the left-hand column for the Email Confirmation Message options.
3. Choose between customizing the confirmation message for Check or Credit Card payments.
At the bottom of the edit screen, a list with coded phrases and their corresponding descriptions, such as #~=TeamInfo_Birth_Year_of_Oldest_Player=%, is available.
By copying and pasting one of the available coded phrases into your email message template, the confirmation message will be filled with the answer from the form once sent.
For assistance utilizing this setting for your own confirmation messages, please contact our Support Team at email@example.com!